More on Wikis - zitac21

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Sunday, June 15, 2008

More on Wikis

I'm spending this beautiful Sunday afternoon preparing my CASAS Summer Institute workshops. Thinking about wikis, as I link our wiki on wikis to adult ed wikis, and collections of more wikis. Last year when I did this workshop, the only adult education wiki example I had was the ALE wiki. Now I have several of my own, and many examples from teachers and administrators of how they're using wikis. This serves as a reminder that people take up a new idea when it meets a specific need they have.

Several adult education programs have used a wiki to create their WASC review documents, an extended collaborative process. Almost any time you want to write something together with people who aren't sitting next to you, a wiki is the answer.

Here are examples of wikis I've been involved with in the last few months:
- monthly team report on federal project, where the team is in MI and CA
- attempt to categorize all adult education professional development workshops and courses from all leadership projects
- pages of links that we use as examples in our conference presentations
- wiki site for adult educators in CA to share links and documents they've created
- planning site for the electronic village at CATESOL next April

In all these cases, the purpose is to write a document with input from team members in different cities or states. Seems incredibly obvious today, but a year ago it wasn't so clear to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot